Starting April 13, 2012, visa processing fees will increase. The fees for most nonimmigrant visa applications and Border Crossing Cards will increase but we will see a decrease in all immigrant visa processing fees.
- Petition-based visas: H, L, O, P, Q, R will increase from $150 to $190
- Visitor, student, exchange visitor and journalist visas: B, F-1, J-1, M-1, I visas will increase from $140 to $160
- Treaty investor and treaty trader visas: E-1, E-2 will decrease from $390 to $270
- Border crossing cards will increase: BCCs $140 to $160
- Fiance(e) visas: K visas to decrease from $350 to $240
- Immediate relative and family preference applications will decrease from $330 to $230
- Employment-based applications will increase from $720 to $405