Work Permits for STEM Graduates

In the past, F-1 foreign students graduating from universities would receive a one-year permit to work in the USA to develop and use their skills.  Here at the immigration law offices of Romben Law, APC we have had many inquiries from students here in Pasadena as well as the Palm Springs office, asking about the validity of those work permits.

A new rule goes into effect today to allow science, technology, engineering, and math (the so-called “STEM” majors) graduates of accredited universities in the fields of  to obtain a two-year extension on their work permits.

This rule helps the country attract and keep the brightest and best-educated students, so that they can stay and innovate in the USA.  –jcf

Contact Information